PART TIME BOOKKEEPER
We are now looking for a part time bookkeeper to join our consultancy and digital marketing team
based in Watford High Street, approximately 8 hours/week either in one day or spread over 2 days.
PAY RATE: 20-30 GBP / hour (dependent upon experience)
You will be handling our Xero cloud based software accounts system, producing all invoices, logging our receipts via receipt bank, logging income, petty cash reconciliation, VAT returns, allocating cost to various departments (nominal coding), credit control and all things money related…!
Attributes Required For Role
What we are looking for
The bookkeeper’s job is a key role that requires the following skill set and experience:
- Level 3 or 4, HNC/HND in Accounting or related discipline
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in a similar role
- Excellent demonstrable working knowledge of XERO software system
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
- Able to demonstrate thoroughness and good attention to detail
- Excellent credit control history
- Excellent time management skills
- Pro-active and enthusiastic
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Excellent data entry skills
- Good organisational and analytical skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Reliable and honest
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with clients and colleagues
- Professional and comfortable working in a small team environment
You will raise sales invoices and post bank receipts.
You will chase outstanding invoices.
You will reconcile purchase invoices to POs.
You will code invoices and post those to the system -including relevant department and cost codes for direct costs.
You will post expenses; bank payments; petty cash and director paid expenses.
You will post wages journals and other monthly nominal journals.
You will reconcile all major control accounts, as follows:
- Sales Ledger
- Purchase Ledger
- Bank Accounts
- You will produce management reports every month or upon request
The Main Tasks
Preparing and reporting monthly management accounts.
Monitoring various aspects of the company’s performance
Raising and posting all sales invoices
Ensuring that approved client costs and recharged expenses are invoiced promptly
Ensuring that all received purchase invoices are checked back to the original purchase order details
Regular updating of purchase and sales ledgers on XERO
Month End Procedures
Banking all receipts on a timely basis (we use ReceiptBank)
Bank accounts’ and credit cards reconciliations