How to create a Facebook Business Manager account
Before you start advertising on Facebook or Instagram with JP Gardner & Associates, you will need to set up your own Facebook Business Manager account and add JP Gardner & Associates as a partner to work on the account for you. In order to create a Business Manager, follow these steps:
Identify someone in your business who will be granted a role in your Business Manager, starting with a primary admin. Your main admin might be:
- A person who manages the business’s primary Facebook Page, permissions or main ad account.
- A social media manager, or someone who oversees and manages social media accounts and teams for the business.
- A person responsible for onboarding, setting up company emails, and granting new team members access to tools.
Ideally the person who will be the primary Business Manager admin should complete this set up, although it’s not required, but many agencies ask the junior to set it up, then they leave the business and nobody can gain access, so please ensure it is a senior member of staff and that the account details are logged safely and securely.
In order to create and manage the account, the primary Business Manager admin needs access to:
- Your company’s Facebook Page, in an admin role.
- Ad account ID numbers for any business assets that should be included in the BM, such as ad accounts, Pixels, catalogs
- Email addresses for the employees, co-workers and partners who need to be assigned roles on the account.
- The JP Gardner & Associates Business Manager Account Number so that you can add us as a partner to work on the account: This is available from me!
Before you begin make sure that you have a personal Facebook account to confirm your identity.
Create a Business Manager
- Go to business.facebook.com/overview.
- Click Create account.
- Enter a name for your business, your name and work email address and click ‘next’.
- Enter your business details and click Submit.
Note: You can only create two Business Manager accounts. If you need more, please work with someone else in your organisation to create additional Business Manager accounts.
Now you can add an ad account to your Business Manager or create a new one
- Go to Business settings.
- Click Accounts from the menu on the left-hand side. Then, click Ad accounts.
- Click the blue Add drop-down menu.
- Choose one of the three options: Add an ad account, Request access to an ad account or Create a new ad account.
- If you choose to request access or add an ad account, enter the ad account ID. Learn where to find the account ID.
- Follow the prompts to select people and access levels.
- Add your payment method, please note that when you are running ads with JP Gardner & Associates the payment will automatically be charged to this payment method when you hit the account limit you have set, usually £500.
Note: Deactivating an ad account does not delete it from your business. A deactivated ad account still counts towards your ad account limit.
Finally, add JP Gardner & Associates as a partner on your Business Manager Account
- Go to Business settings.
- Scroll down the menu to Partners tab and click on the ADD tab. Give a partner access to your assets: Add a partner and share your business’s assets with them.
- Type into the box: JP Gardner & Associates or our ID: 1425751684204865.
- Let us know when you have done this so that we can go into our Business Account Manager and accept the request to work on your account.
Then we are all set to GO!
Any questions contact Jane